The Cloud Credential Council (CCC) Cloud Technology Associate™ certification enables professionals to operate effectively in a Cloud environment, demonstrating an understanding of the key concepts and relevant terminology. It works as the ideal foundation for those interested in advancing their careers with professional-level certifications.
Cloud computing has become one of the most important buzzwords in our fast-paced world. Its benefits have been recognized by a varied set of professionals and organizations, from reduced costs to collaboration efficiency and scalability. Microsoft, Google, and Adobe are only a few of the major companies using it to great effect.
Cloud’s difference in relationship to traditional IT has led to a significant effort by organizations to upskill, re-skill and re-train so as to not get lost in their process of digital transformation.
The CCC Cloud Technology Associate™ certification demonstrates that candidates have the basic skill set and knowledge associated with cloud computing and virtualization. It delves into the enhanced capabilities of cloud computing when combined with the latest digitization trends and emerging transformative technologies. The guide highlights the important cloud challenges and risks, provides the corresponding measures to mitigate these, and addresses governance and compliance issues. The guide ends with a roadmap and a set of strategies that organizations select for successful adoption of the cloud environment.
The certification is a critical step to advance the candidate’s career as organizations look for qualified Cloud Technology Associates. The certification allows IT professionals to operate effectively in a cloud environment as they can demonstrate an understanding of the key concepts and relevant terminologies. It furthermore provides the foundation required to complete subsequent vendor-specific training/certification programs and also provides a baseline for the subsequent CCC Professional level certifications.
- IT Specialists (Analysts, Developers, Architects, Testing, etc.)
- IT Administrators (System, Database, etc.)
- IT Provisioning and Maintenance (Hardware, Network, Storage, etc.)
- IT Managers
- IT Project Managers
- Others (Sales, Purchase, Audit, Legal, etc.)
CCC Cloud Technology Associate-certified professionals can:
- Identify the fundamental concepts of cloud computing including business benefits and cloud terminologies.
- Identify the technical aspects (high-level) of virtualization including the role and benefits of hypervisors and containers and the different types of virtualization.
- Identify how emerging technologies (AI, IoT, 5G, RPA, Digital Twin, and others) enhance the capabilities of cloud computing, such as performance, security, and faster deployment.
- Define cloud security, governance, risk, and compliance and identify the risks/threats involved in cloud computing and the corresponding mitigation measures and best practices.
- List the strategies involved in the roadmap for cloud adoption and their implementation and migration for different cloud service and deployment models.
There are no formal prerequisites; however, it is recommended that participants have:
- 6+ months of experience in Internet/web technologies
- Some basic knowledge of storage and network technologies (preferred)
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: Introduction to Cloud Services Model
Module 3: Introduction to Virtualization: The Backbone Technology of Cloud Computing
Module 4: Cloud Computing – A Key Pillar of Digital Transformation
Module 5: Cloud Security
Module 6: Preparing for Cloud Adoption