The DevOps Coach inspires teams and individuals with thought-provoking and creative processes. The core focus of the DASA DevOps Coach is to enable and sustain the DevOps transformation. The DevOps Coach drives performance and is a catalyst for change, for individuals, teams, and the organization.
DevOps Coaches comprehend the essence of DevOps and how to coach teams in adopting DevOps principles or overcoming challenges. DASA DevOps Coaches are familiar with various coaching models and instruments and are able to apply the best model for the organization and people at any point in time. The DevOps Coach has become a critical role in driving DevOps success and organizational performance as DevOps requires a cultural shift toward a new mindset, behaviors, and ways of working.
DASA DevOps Coaches within organizations make remarkable contributions on the ground in developing team members and teams into high performing teams with a new mindset, behaviors, organization, and way of working. The objective of the Coach is to help teams develop their DevOps skills, knowledge, and behavior in order to rapidly become self-sufficient and fully leverage the benefits of DevOps.
Coaches promote and facilitate teams that make them more competent and fulfilled so that they are proficient to contribute to their organization and find meaning in DevOps adoption. As a coach, you help to speed up delivery in teams, create more transparency, and build a continuous improvement mindset. At the Organization level, you provide strategic coaching and help organizations achieve their transformational goals.
The DASA DevOps Coach program is designed to prepare professionals for working as effective DevOps Coach. During this intense, activity-based course you become familiar with the characteristics and traits of a successful DevOps Coach, learn about DASA’s coaching model and apply the DASA DevOps Competence Model in teams and organizations.
The DASA DevOps Coach certification adds value to individuals involved in IT development, operations, or service management. It may be particularly beneficial to DevOps professionals with a history of helping organizations transition to DevOps – preferably guided by the DASA DevOps competency model.
The DASA DevOps Coach certification target audience includes but is not limited to:
- Agile and Business Coaches
- Business Analysts
- Business and IT Managers
- DevOps Team Members
- Enterprise Architects
- Information Managers
- Project Managers
DASA DevOps Coach-certified professionals are able to:
- Recollect the knowledge of DevOps and connect the role of a DevOps Coach to the DASA DevOps Principles.
- Comprehend the mindset and role of a DevOps Coach.
- Understand the characteristics, structures, and life-cycles of DevOps teams and how to Coach them to high-performance.
- Use the GROW model as an effective tool during the entire coaching process.
- Discover and learn the art of “Feedback” and create a feedback culture using various “Feedback” models.
- Understand DevOps transformation mastery.
- Distinguish the responsibilities of “DevOps Coach” and “DevOps Leader”.
- Understand that DASA DevOps Coaching is for continuous “Performance” and “Change” – and understand underlying the metrics.
- Apply skills, techniques, and mindset shifts and deep dive into inner and outer competencies focusing both on what you do, and how you are being.
- Understand and utilize coaching skills and knowledge to create high performing teams that are resilient, innovative, resourceful, and ready for continuous improvements.
- Understand the 4 different key modes: Coaching, Mentoring, Facilitation & Consulting. Learn when, why, and how to apply the right mode.
- Apply learnings to build a business case and plan for the DevOps Transformation journey.
- Interpret the DevOps organizational goals and establish the critical role high performing teams have in this.
Basic familiarity with Agile, Scrum, and DevOps framework is beneficial but not required for the completion of this course.
Module 0: Program Overview
- DASA DevOps Overview
- Program Expectation
- DASA DevOps Coach Program at a Glance
- Course Learning Outcome
- Exam Details
Module 1: DevOps Journey – A Quick Preview
- Activity – Recall DevOps Fundamentals
- Activity – IT Industry Evolution
- Traditional, Agile, and DevOps
- Impact of Technology Trends
- DevOps Coach & DevOps Leader
- DASA DevOps – Principles
- Case Study
Module 2: DevOps Coaching for Performance & Change
- Activity – Beer Distribution Game and Bullwhip Effect
- The essence of DevOps Coaching
- DevOps Coaching – Key Dimensions
- Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
- DevOps – Representative Value, Behaviors, and Delivery Metrics
- Continuous Delivery Maturity Levels
- Performance Analysis Quadrant
- The journey from Challenge to Impact
- Organizational Journey of Change
- Activity – Baselining Your Metrics & Team Engagement
Module 3: Being a DevOps Coach
- Competency Framework
- Coaching Framework
- Core Skills for a DevOps Coach – Contracting, Presence, Listening & Questioning
- Activities – Contracting, Experience Listening, Questioning
- Stakeholder Management
- Mode of Operation of a DevOps Coach – Coaching, Mentoring, Facilitation, Consulting
- The Switch – Coaching, Mentoring, Facilitation & Consulting
Module 4: Team Coaching
- DevOps – Organization and Teams
- DevOps – Team Development
- Role of a DevOps Coach in building DevOps Organization
- Gemba Walk
- DevOps – Team Coaching
- DevOps – Team Coaching in Action
Module 5: DevOps Coach Transformation Journey
- Activity – Preparing & Planning for DevOps Transformation
- Developing the Business Case and Map Costs to Value
- Models DevOps Assessments
- DevOps Transformation & Roadmap
- Implement DevOps Gap findings – Culture, Organization, Process, and Automation
- Focus on Continuous Improvement
- Sustain the transformed State