The DASA DevOps Fundamentals™ certification provides the core education necessary to build your DevOps vocabulary and understand its principles and practices. It’s the ideal starting point for DevOps journeys, whether you’re already familiar with working with Agile and/or DevOps teams or not. Faster software deployment, increased deployment frequency, and higher change success rate are only some of the visible outcomes of practicing DevOps. Organizations such as Netflix, Spotify, and Facebook are transforming IT by successfully implementing DevOps principles. But you don’t have to be big to be a DevOps leader. Companies large and small, young and old, have smoothly made the transition and have the proof of success in their pockets.
This course will inspire you to serve as a change champion by sharing and using what you learned, and continue to learn, about DevOps to lead and mentor others. A solid understanding of DevOps Fundamentals has helped numerous professionals and organizations how to approach a DevOps journey, not only from a tool and automation perspective but also by looking in-depth at the softer side of things.
This 2-day course provides learners an extensive introduction to the core Agile DevOps principles. It covers all 12 key knowledge and skill competencies defined by DASA to ensure you acquire a solid knowledge of DevOps concepts and terminology. Multiple cases or scenarios, group discussions, and examples are included in the course to enhance your learning experience.
The DASA DevOps Fundamentals certification adds value to individuals involved in IT development, operations, or service management. Its target audience includes but is not limited to:
- Automation Architects
- Business Managers
- DevOps Engineers
- Enterprise Architects
- Incident and Change Managers
- Integration Specialists
- Network Administrators
- Operations Managers
- Product Owners
- System Administrators
DASA DevOps Fundamentals-certified professionals are able to:
- Explain the drivers responsible for the emergence of DevOps.Define and discuss the key concepts and principles of DevOps.
- List and explain the business benefits of DevOps and continuous delivery. Know how teams can translate DevOps principles into tangible practices.
- Learn about modern operations in a DevOps context.
- Explain the concepts of test automation, infrastructure automation, and build and deployment automation.
- Describe how DevOps relates to Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Get insight into the various organizational DevOps models and architectures.
- Identify how Cloud and Delivery pipeline automation optimize and accelerate the ways of working.
- Discuss the critical success factors for DevOps transformation.
Possessing some basic knowledge of Agile, Scrum, Lean, and ITSM principles is recommended but not required for the completion of the certification.
Module 1: Introducing DASA DevOps Fundamentals
Module 2 – Building the DevOps Context
Module 3 – Knowing DevOps for Individuals
Module 4 – Getting Acquainted with DevOps Culture and Behavior
Module 5 – Understanding the Value of DevOps for Teams and Organizations
Module 6: Getting Familiar with DevOps Management Practices
Module 7: Getting Familiar with DevOps Technical Practices
Module 8: Enabling DevOps Team Performance Through Continuous Delivery and Automation
Module 9: The Next Steps