The DevOps Product Owner has a systematic responsibility for the entire lifecycle of the product and has to ensure the maximum value of the product is achieved. The DevOps Product Owner has to deal with a mixed set of requirements, ranging from new product features, as well as incidents on the current version. DevOps Product Owners engage with a large group of stakeholders, both within the team as well as beyond it.
This DASA Qualification extends traditional Agile Product Owner programs and deals with the extended set of requirements that the Product Owner faces when teams start to take on both Dev and Ops responsibilities. The program covers the traditional Agile and Scrum concepts and capabilities but in the context of DevOps. As a result, this program is ideal for experienced Agile Product Owners who are keen to understand how their role is evolving as a result of DevOps, but exciting as well for new and aspiring Product Owners.
DevOps Product Owners have a systematic responsibility for the entire lifecycle of a product and have to ensure the maximum value of the product is achieved. To do so successfully, they must be prepared to address a mixed set of requirements, from new product features to incidents in current versions. As if that wasn’t challenging enough, a capacity to engage with a large group of stakeholders, both within the team as well as beyond it, is essential.
In order to respond to all these demands, it is crucial that professionals are as prepared as they can be. With this in mind, the DASA DevOps Product Owner certification extends traditional Agile Product Owner courses and tackles the extended set of requirements that the Product Owner faces when teams start to take on both Dev and Ops responsibilities. The course covers traditional Agile and Scrum concepts and capabilities within a DevOps context so as to help both aspiring as well as experienced Product Owners to develop their role.
The DASA DevOps Product Owner certification adds value to individuals involved in IT development, operations, or service management. Its target audience includes but is not limited to:
- Agile and Business Coaches
- Business Analysts
- Business and IT Managers
- DevOps Team Members
- Enterprise Architects
- Information Managers
- Project Managers
DASA DevOps Product Owner-certified professionals are able to:
- Understand the concepts of Agile and Scrum
- Understand the Scrum framework including roles, events, the importance of backlog and the definition of done
- Understand the role of Product Owner
- Discuss the role and characteristics of the DevOps team
- Explain the main competencies of Product Owner
- Describe what a Product Owner does in practice
- Explain the Product Owner’s work
- Discuss the importance of delivering value
- Identify the Product Vision techniques
- Discuss how to engage and influence stakeholders to maximize value
- Outline various Agile estimation techniques used by Product Owners
- Explain the role of Product Owner in managing Product Backlog
- Discuss few challenging situations of a Product Owner
Basic familiarity with Agile, Scrum, Lean, and ITSM principles is beneficial but not required for the completion of this course.
Module 01: Course Introduction
Module 02: Teambuilding
Module 03: DevOps Leadership
Module 04: Courage
Module 04: Courage (Contd.)
Module 05: Value – Customer Centric Action
Module 06: Continuous Improvement
Exam Preparation Guide