The Cloud Credential Council (CCC) Internet of Things Foundation™ certification is a business-oriented, non-technical certification designed to develop a base-level understanding of IoT concepts, terminology, and associated business perspectives.
IoT is having a wide disruptive effect on how organizations to transfer data in the early 21st century and its impact is expected to grow exponentially in the foreseeable future. Major technology companies such as Microsoft, Huawei, GE, Cisco, AT&T, Google, Fujitsu, and IBM have all recognized the great growth opportunities underlying IoT and invested accordingly. Driving improvements in productivity, increasing operational efficiency, and developing new business models are only some of the promises of IoT.
Obtaining IoT expertise has become a necessity rather than an option for any organization undergoing a rapid digital transformation journey.
The industry-recognized CCC Internet of Things Foundation course ensures you are ready to add value to organizations of diverse industries and dimensions. It does so through highly interactive and thought-provoking discussions which focus on:
- Group exploration and discussions
- Lab exercises which allow learners to experience IoT applications
- Case study scenarios for IoT
- End of Module questions
Once the certification exam is passed, you are awarded a diploma and digital badge officially recognizing you have achieved the CCC Internet of Things Foundation certification and are now a member of the Cloud Credential Council’s global community.
The following departments benefit from CCC Internet of Things Foundation-certified professionals:
- Customer Service
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Marketing & Sales
- Research & Development
CCC Internet of Things Foundation jobs include:
- Application Consultants
- CXOs, Board Members, & Business Operation Heads
- Cyber Security Specialists
- Data Scientists
- Enterprise Architects
- Program / Project / Product Managers
- R&D Department Managers
- Research / Security / Software Engineers
- Solution Architects
- Support Specialists
- System Administrators / Architects / Analysts / Designers / Engineers
- Technology Enthusiasts
As an Internet of Things certified, a candidate will be able to:
- Define the fundamental concepts, definitions, evolution, and types of IoT.
- List the IoT key drivers and business perspectives including monetization models.
- Understand the architecture (basic building blocks) and working of IoT.
- Understand various communication and network connectivity protocols of IoT.
- Examine how the capabilities of IoT get enhanced when combined with digital transformative technologies such as Cloud Computing, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence (AI), 5G, Blockchain, Digital Twin, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), and others.
- Identify IoT security issues and the appropriate mitigation measures and best practices.
- Examine IoT case studies and future growth opportunities in the coming years.
Possessing a basic understanding of Cloud Computing characteristics and Big Data. Internet and Networking concepts are recommended but not required for the completion of the certification.
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: Internet of Things – Concepts and Types
- Fundamentals Concepts of IoT
- Evolution and Types of IoT
Module 3: Business Orientation
- Drivers of IoT
- Benefits of a Connected World
- IoT Business: Opportunities and Maturity Model
- IoT Monetization Strategies and Models
Module 4: Basic Building Blocks of IoT Architecture
- The architecture of IoT Components
- Edge and Fog Computing
Module 5: IoT Protocol Stack and Network Connectivity Protocols
- IoT Communications
- IoT Protocol Stack
- IoT Networks – Proximity
- IoT Networks – WPAN
- IoT Networks – WLAN and WNAN
- IoT Networks – WWAN (Cellular and LPWAN)
Module 6: IoT and Digital Transformative Technologies
- IoT and Cloud, Fog and Edge Computing
- IoT and Big Data Analytics
- IoT and Artificial Intelligence (AI), Robotics, and Drones
- IoT and Emerging Technologies
- IoT Simulated Hands-on Lab
Module 7: IoT Security
- IoT Security Challenges
- OWASP IoT Top 10 Precautions
- Real-life IoT Security and Privacy breaches
- IoT Security Measures
Module 8: IoT Case Studies and Future Predictions
- IoT Usage Scenarios and Case Studies
- IoT Growth Perspectives
- IoT Future Predictions
- CCC Internet of Things Foundation 2 – Self Study Guide_English
- CCC Internet of Things Foundation 2 – Practice Questions_English