The ITIL 4 Foundation Axelos certification is designed as an introduction to ITIL 4 and enables learners to look at IT service management (ITSM) through an end-to-end operating model for the creation, delivery and continual improvement of technology enabled products and services.
No matter which path you choose, you’ll first need to pass the ITIL4 Foundation module, an entry-level certification that covers the basics of ITIL 4. Candidates for the ITIL 4 Foundation exam should have a basic understanding of creating valuable products and services for customers and stakeholders, the basic principles of ITIL 4, the four dimensions of service management, best practices of ITIL 4, and key concepts of Lean, agile, and DevOps.
The ITIL Foundation course takes place in a classroom over two and a half days. At the end of the course, you’ll take a one-hour exam consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions and will need 26 correct answers to pass. Courses are offered through accredited training organizations and can be found on the Axelos website. You can also choose to self-study using practice exams and other material from Axelos or third-party providers.
ITIL 4 Certification is for individuals:
- Who require a basic understanding of the latest ITIL framework released in Feb 2019
- Those who want to understand how ITIL can be used to enhance career in IT service management
- IT professionals or others working within an organization that has adopted ITIL.
However, the ITIL Foundation certification can benefit anyone who has an interest in IT & Business service management.
ITIL 4 Foundation candidates will have an understanding of the following:
- A holistic approach to the facilitation of co-creation of value with customers and other stakeholders in the form of products and services
- The guiding principles of ITIL 4
- The four dimensions of Service Management
- Key concepts from Lean, Agile, DevOps, and why these are important to deliver business value
- How ITIL practices described in ITIL 4 will maintain the value and importance provided by the current ITIL processes, whilst at the same time expand to be integrated to different areas of service management and IT, from demand to value
There are no mandatory prerequisites for taking ITIL 4 Foundation Course.
EXAM & CERTIFICATION
- All methods of delivering this course include the exam in the fee.
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the Foundation certificate in IT service management. The exam is 60 minutes in duration, includes 40 multiple-choice questions, and is administered online by an independent examination body. Participants are provided with an exam voucher so they can schedule the exam at their convenience on any date after completion of the course.
- A minimum passing mark of 65% is required to receive your certificate.
- An exam review is included in the course to help prepare attendees for the final exam.
- After completion of this course, you may apply for self-directed learning PDUs through PMI. Letter of attendance, will be issued by 1st Career LLC to all attendees upon successful completion of self paced e-learning or live online course.
ITIL ® is a registered trademark of Axelos Limited, used under permission of Axelos Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.